Pages

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Hayao Miyazaki - Miyazaki and Family / Karen Geraghty, Bake Cake Create







I was thrilled to be asked to participate in this 3rd Irish collaboration. I wasn't very familiar initially with Studio Ghibli, so when asked to select a particular character to model in sugar, I couldn't narrow down the field. Through my research, I came across a fabulous image of Hayao Miyazaki who is the founder, author, animator, producer and director at Studio Ghibli. In the midst of all the wonderful Ghibli characters at this exhibition, I felt it would be appropriate to pay homage to the brilliantly talented Mr. Miyazaki. I knew it would be a time consuming and challenging project to incorporate the miniature Ghibli characters but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment